Real Estate Lawyer
Leslie Robinson, Your Real Estate Lawyer of Choice
How LDR Law can help you
Whether you are buying, selling, or refinancing, LDR Law has you covered. Our office provides quick, responsive and affordable closings. We know that a real estate transaction is a major life event and whether it is your first or 10th, we are here to help.
At LDR Law, we advise you throughout the transaction with a streamlined process. Our team has the experience to simplify the process for you.
Our team is committed to ensuring you receive the finest service and provide reasonable and transparent pricing.. We act for a broad range of clients including first-time buyers, investors, institutional and private lenders.
Why hire LDR Law?
We represent buyers and sellers
- We provide transparent pricing up front
- We work with all of the chartered banks, trust companies and credit unions.
- We act for clients who are buying or selling homes and condominiums across Ontario.
- We arrange title insurance for all of your purchases.
- All transactions are overseen by a lawyer and you will always sign documents with the lawyer.
- We are also able to assist with mortgage and refinancing, including private mortgages.
- We update local tax authorities of change of ownership
- Reviewing the Agreement of Purchase and Sale
- your transaction
- Obtaining necessary information from you in order to begin the process of completing
- Obtaining your instructions as to how you will take title to the property
- Conducting a full title search of theroperty
- Conducting off-title searches where instructed to do so
- Receiving, reviewing your lender’s mortgage instructions and preparing the necessary mortgage documentation
- Resolving any title issues with the other lawyer
- Preparing the closing documents
- Confirming with you that adequate insurance is in place for
- Meeting with you to review all the closing documents including the Statement of Adjustments and Trust Ledger
- Closing the transaction and arranging for you to receive the keys after closing
- Providing you with a report following closing.
TITLE TRANSFERS/CHANGES TO TITLE
Our office also assists with adding others to title, or assisting with taking a name off title, or changing the manner in which you are on title with someone (Joint tenants/Tenants in Common). Please call our office for more information.
These types of transactions occur for a variety of reasons: estate planning and refinancing are just a few. When spouses separate, it is common for a title transfer to occur when one spouse acquires the other spouse’s interest and comes off title. It is also common to file a survivorship application when one spouse passes away.
– Contact Us
We will reply within 24 hours
Leslie Robinson, B.A. Hons, J.D.
Real Estate and Wills and Estates Lawyer